Cyber Missions 3 is the third episode of Transformers: Cyber Missions.
Ratchet is the only Autobot at NEST headquarters, and all of the human team members are asleep. He is firing his EMP blaster at a portable stereo in order to make adjustments, when he is contacted by Optimus Prime. Optimus notifies him that Lockdown is causing trouble in Mission City. Ratchet goes to confront the Decepticon.
Ratchet briefly chases Lockdown through the city until he is able to score a hit with his EMP blaster. They both transform and exchange words. Ratchet attempts to shoot Lockdown, but his EMP blaster malfunctions. Lockdown thrashes Ratchet with his hook, steals his EMP blaster, and gets away.
Featured characters Edit
"Lockdown's definitely my own worst enemy."
"When will you learn, Ratchet? Science will not win this war."
Animation or technical errors Edit
- The establishing shots of the episode send the camera flying around the buildings of Mission City, ultimately zooming through the window of a skyscraper when the visuals cut immediately to Ratchet testing his EMP blaster. This would normally mean that Ratchet is inside that building, but dialog indicates that is not the case. Instead, Ratchet is at NEST headquarters countless miles away, and Optimus Prime tells him to head to Mission City.
Continuity errors Edit
- Mission City was previously located in either California or Nevada, but this episode's chase takes place on Interstate 95, which in the real world runs up and down the east coast of the United States.
Transformers references Edit
- Ratchet is in his Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe class body.
- A big deal is made about Lockdown being larger than Ratchet. This is an awkward reference to their Deluxe class toy scale, for which Lockdown has the larger toy. The two aren't shown side-by-side, so it is unclear how much bigger Lockdown is, but it is hard to imagine how a sports car could be significantly larger than a Hummer. Then again, the Animated Lockdown was also quite a large Transformer for his alt mode, both in fiction and toy scale, so it's probably a character trait.
- Animated Lockdown also stole Animated Ratchet's EMP device in the episode "The Thrill of the Hunt".
- Ratchet and Lockdown also share a violent history together, another reference to the episode.
Foreign dubbing Edit
- Original airdate: March 31, 2010
Latin American Spanish
- Title: "Ciber Misiones 3" ("Cyber Missions 3")
- Original airdate: 21 September 2010 (Official airdate)
- The intended airdate for this episode was September 20, however, for reasons unknown, it was aired the following day instead.